Today’s world indeed revolves around smartphones. As life gets busier day by day, our dependence on smart devices, iPads, iPhones, and Android phones is increasing. Gone are the days when people used mobile phones as an ordinary communication device. The apps in our phones add life to our smartphones thereby making them an essential part of our daily activities. From the social network, lifestyle apps, to online shopping and gaming, there is an app for everything. Every development team in Android and iPhone App Development Company is looking for new ways to win customers with efficient apps. Talking about the healthcare industry, there is an increasing need for fitness and health apps enabling users to keep better track of their health. Let’s find out everything you need to know about mHealth apps and its significance in the healthcare market.
Rise of mHealth Apps & Its Impact
mHealth refers to the practice of public healthcare and medicines using mobile devices like laptops, tablets, cellphones & more to support remote care and help in improving health goals. With the evolution of technologies, the mHealth apps are gaining popularity and are used not just by the patients but also by the healthcare institutions and physicians to keep a track of their patients virtually. The research by Statista says the total global mHealth market is predicted to reach nearly 100 billion U.S. dollars in 2021. As we are embracing digital transformation in the healthcare industry, the number of people using mobile devices is increasing day by day. Some of the major transformations we have witnessed using mHealth apps are-
- With more focus on virtual preventive care & more investments by the healthcare stakeholders, we can see the active involvement of patients and doctors in and outside hospitals.
- The healthcare sector can keep track of the patients’ data digitally making it easy for them and patients to go for future reference and diagnosis.
- With mobile healthcare, patients can get timely updates & notifications enabling them to save money for going to the hospital when the condition gets worsened.
- Anyone using the apps can discuss their symptoms with doctors and get basic care through virtual guidance
- Medical expenses reimbursement can be easily availed through mHealth apps, providing timely services to patients for better healthcare outcomes
How Health & Fitness Apps Helps in Promoting Healthier Environment
Using a wide range of health and fitness apps, many users can keep the focus on achieving their health goals by keeping track of their medicine doses, day-to-day workouts, calories in their food intake, etc. Here are some of the top benefits of using these apps in promoting better healthcare-
- On-Time & Accurate Diagnosis: One of the best advantages of using healthcare apps is enhanced diagnostic support as doctors and patients are always connected remotely helping in keeping track of the health conditions and close monitoring of the symptoms. This makes it easy for healthcare professionals to make timely decisions by understanding the patient’s condition on time and start the treatment accordingly.
- Lower Healthcare Cost: As the patient’s symptoms can be easily tracked through the apps, it saves the medical expenses by reducing the rate of hospital visits and re-admissions. The medical data can be analyzed on time enabling healthcare workers to prescribe treatments and medications before the situation worsens.
- Instant Communication: With the help of advanced healthcare mobile apps available in the market, the patients with any new symptoms can directly stay in touch with doctors in the form of text messages, video calls, chats & many more. This helps in improving the real-time coordination between the two parties eliminating the gap between them.
- Improved Decisions: As the demand for mHealth apps evolves, doctors and healthcare providers are improving their decision-making skills with a reduced rate of wrong treatments lowering the chance of severity and death cases. Since the medical data are stored digitally, there is lesser paperwork to take care of enabling them to provide enhanced patient care.
- Reduced Potential Health Risks: The mHealth apps have simplified the tasks of nurses and caregivers by storing all the patients’ records in one place making it easily accessible for the healthcare professionals, whenever required. This quickens the medical treatments, avoiding mistakes by the doctors, and reduces the chance of potential health risks.
- Assistance in Remote Area: There are many locations where medical centers like clinics and hospitals are not easily accessible. However, with the help of healthcare apps, patients can reach out to get help from the healthcare team where the constant check on the health metrics can be done. Instead of rushing to the doctors, the patient can get basic care through their family members or caregivers, avoiding extreme conditions.
Top-Most features in healthcare app development app
With the increasing demand for healthcare and fitness apps, many advanced features are being used by health organizations to keep the focus on providing better health outcomes. As technological advances increase, it is becoming important to be aware of the latest trends and features that your app must support to gain the attention of the users. Personalized experiences are what customers today are looking for and technologies are helping to achieve that with robust features like automated integrations like Machine Learning, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
- Appointments Booking: It is important to simplify the booking process of online appointments to save time for both patients and doctors. Make sure that your app comes with an easy booking feature to get timely access to consultation.
- Personalized Record: From a timely dosage of medications to reminders for a workout, your app should provide a personalized record for each customer enabling them to keep track of health metrics like height, weight, BMI, gender, calorie counts, etc.
The importance of apps cannot be neglected as they help in shaping our daily lives. With the evolution of healthcare and fitness apps, one can easily keep track of their health with just a tap of their fingertips. The mHealth industry has gained a huge development growth over the years and many mobile healthcare apps are being adopted on a larger scale globally. As people are now becoming more health-conscious, it’s time to develop an app that offers better healthcare connecting doctors and patients for better outcomes. If you are planning to have your customized mHealth app to serve your users better, get in touch with the experts of the leading Healthcare and fitness app development company today.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!